Welcome

This blog is simply one family's lenten journey seen through the eyes of the Mama.
To understand our family better, please see the side bar for family names and ages.
Hope this is an encouragement for you on your walk with the Lord.



Tuesday, June 8, 2010

June 8, 2010

Verse of the Day
"No foul language should come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for needed edification, that it may impart grace to those who hear."
Ephesians 4:29

Song of the Day
"Hold Us Together" by Matt Mahrer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-he2DohfwWE

My Thoughts
"This is the first day of the rest of your life." We have heard that a thousand and one times, but what a refreshing thought after those hard to handle days where you feel like you have been impatient and unkind, like I experienced yesterday. God forgives those who seek His forgiveness, and we have the ability to begin afresh the next day or even the same day. And given that fresh start today, I have had a very enjoyable day with my children. I have seen that the real key for me is to stay in the day. When I think of the past, I can become down as I desperately want my mom alive again. I so want to share everything about my life with her and hear her thoughts and opinions about everything. When I think of the future I think of all the sad things that could come my way. But when I stay in today, my life is really quite good. Then I can focus on the tasks at hand whether good or bad. I have these great kids that I really do enjoy, except when Race Car comes out of nowhere to tackle me. He just isn't getting the idea that he has to take it a little easy on his mom. And I have this great husband whose temperment is absolutely perfect for me.

God always knows exactly what we need. Yesterday after my meeting I came home and went to give the kids a kiss. They are usually sound asleep, with the exception of Joke-a-Lot. I was hoping they were up because I wanted to ask their forgiveness for my impatience that day. I was REALLY impatient. As usual Joke-A-Lot was up. She had a poem there waiting for me. I want to share it with you.

Mom's by Joke-A-Lot

"I love my mom. She takes good care of me. She loves me and I love her so much. I couldn't have a better mom than her. Do you have a good mom? I hope you do. I'm glad Jesus made her."

Then in the morning, Artsy gave me her note that she had made for me,

"I love you mom. I love you mom. I love you mom. I love you mom. Love, Artsy"

I felt so unworthy to receive these notes, but it was just enough to invigorate me to do better and try harder, although most importantly to hand these defects of character to God and ask him to remove them just for today.

So, if today was a hard day, turn to God first and ask what He would have you do. I so often turn to human beings first when I really need to turn to God first and human beings second.

No comments:

Post a Comment