Welcome

This blog is simply one family's lenten journey seen through the eyes of the Mama.
To understand our family better, please see the side bar for family names and ages.
Hope this is an encouragement for you on your walk with the Lord.



Tuesday, May 25, 2010

May 25, 2010

Verse of the Day
"Yet I consider life of no importance to me, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to bear witness to the gospel of God's grace."
Act 20:24

Song of the Day
Amazing Love by Newsboys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTCLw1L_YFc

My Thoughts
I have noticed that I go through periods of feeling pretty overwhelmed with the amounts of "important projects" that I have running through my head. Then I waver back to the "I am almost caught up" end of the spectrum, although I never quite arrive there. I am definitely on the overwhelmed side of things, hence the reason for my lack of blogs. But I did realize something that I have noticed in the past, but was reaffirmed in today. No matter how hectic the day is, or how many things I say "no" to during the day. All seems well in my soul if I just take a few moments at the end of the day to play a game with the kids. So often I don't and then deal with guilt. I love spending time with my kids, and yet I live in fear of missing the many opportunities I have to really enjoy the kids.

As I contemplate the many different activities I can sign the kids up for this summer, yet another one of the "important projects" that I am putting off, I start thinking what would really be better for the kids: signing them up and hauling them to t-ball two nights a week, or scheduling "family t-ball" in the backyard. I am not saying the kids shouldn't have activities, but the reality is that the time spent running to activities is directly proportional to the lack of time spent at home as a family. Good nor bad, I am really praying about how much to sign the kids up for. I want to find the talents that God gave them and encourage those talents, while not forgoing these awesome years when all my kids still want to hang with me.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, but things could go either way. We have opted for the "let's run around all summer" end of things. So I could see us staying home with no or few activities and still not doing things together as a family. I would find things to do at home and Daddy would find stuff to do, too. And the kids would be off biking with friends. All of us not together.:( At least with activities, we eat together (it may be rushed, but we're together), we rush off together, and we get to cheer one of us on together. And when we are home, we appreciate those off times so much that we do more things together like bike, go to Como to walk around the lake, or something else like that. As they say, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder." I say, if you can schedule the family t-ball time...do it! You'll love it. But know there is a lot of family togetherness time (not to mention the witnessing...larger family!!) that you can have with activities.:) It's all good either way. Sacrifice? Yes...on both parts.

    ReplyDelete