Welcome

This blog is simply one family's lenten journey seen through the eyes of the Mama.
To understand our family better, please see the side bar for family names and ages.
Hope this is an encouragement for you on your walk with the Lord.



Saturday, March 12, 2011

March 12, 2011

"He alone can take all sorrow away from my heart and all fear from my soul, because He knows me in the very depths of my being."  (In Conversation with God vol 2 pg 24)

I can't help but to try to avoid the news at all cost.  Whenever I hear of the worsening effects of everything in Japan, I just want to cry.  I think of what they must have felt as they were whisked away.  I keep telling my kids, "We really need to keep praying for the people in Japan."  It is absolutely gut-wrenching.  So, again I wonder why I am the lucky one? 

My worst problem today was the fact that Mr. Fix-It painted the girls room and put up some new blinds and we don't think we like the blinds.  Ohhh, what a tragic day here in our home.  Yet, I am so quick to fly off the handle at things like yet another piece of pizza slipping out of someones' hands right onto their lap.  It seems ridiculous to even mention now, but I will go back to the very first blog this Lenten season and what I mentioned there.  These shortcomings and lack of patience issues mean nothing more than the fact that "I am not close enough to Christ".  If I strive more for closeness to him, I will in turn be more gentle, patience, loving and kind.  All the fear that I experience in regards to my kids means nothing more than "I am not close enough to Christ" because if I really was close enough to Christ, I would fully trust that he has everything under control.  I hope to keep this thought running through my blog this season because I really want it etched in my mind that there doesn't have to be elaborate plans on how to become more holy or raise holy kids (although I won't say no to any suggestions), I just need to strive to be closer to Christ and all will be revealed to me.   Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment