Welcome

This blog is simply one family's lenten journey seen through the eyes of the Mama.
To understand our family better, please see the side bar for family names and ages.
Hope this is an encouragement for you on your walk with the Lord.



Thursday, March 17, 2011

March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I think I dreamt of my mom last night, but I don't know for certain.  I just have the general recollection of it.  And I don't know what is going on lately.  I have been much more weepy about not having her around than usual.  Is it because her birthday is next week and she would have been 67?  Is it because Artsy's First Communion is around the corner?  Is it because I was picking out Easter and Mother's Day cards today and as usual I ended up buying one for my mom.  I don't know.  I don't intend to buy a card, but there is always one that literally jumps into my hands.  I just still can't believe it has been over 4 years since she died. 

I remember praying that God would bring grandmotherly role models into the kids lives.  They have a wonderful Nana, but unfortunately she lives 18 hours away.  Interestingly, there wasn't one grandmotherly role model, but instead I could list 6 beautiful grandmotherly woman who have all been a wonderful support to my kids in several different ways.  I asked for one and God gave me six.  God cannot be out done can He?

I made a big step today in regards to my spiritual life.  I asked a priest to be my spiritual director.  I am expecting to hear a "no" because I realize how terribly busy they are.   I have been thinking about this for years and finally took the plunge with a priest I barely know, but felt called to check it out.  I will let you know.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment