Welcome

This blog is simply one family's lenten journey seen through the eyes of the Mama.
To understand our family better, please see the side bar for family names and ages.
Hope this is an encouragement for you on your walk with the Lord.



Tuesday, April 20, 2010

April 20, 2010

I am finally getting back to let you know how Easter went, although I fear many of you are no longer checking. Joke-a-Lot had her First Holy Communion on Saturday, so I have been busily preparing for that. It was an absolutely beautiful day from beginning to end.

As far as Easter goes, they all really enjoyed the sweets. I haven't noticed a huge change in behavior except for Curly. When he has sugar, he acts crazy. Even the girls have picked up on it. One night when we (the girls and I) came home from religion and Curly was in that crazy mode, Joke-a-Lot said "Dad must have given him sugar" and sure enough he had. So, I try to skip the sugar for him giving him Lara bars as his treat. He enjoys those, too.

When pondering what to do with the blog, I am still unsure. I have to admit that doing the blog helped me tremendously to keep my focus on God and on the blessings in my life, but I can't justify the two hours a night it takes me. I have considered doing it once a week, or possibly maintaining it throughout the year with a monthly update and then repeat the daily blogs through Lent again next year. So, all I can say is check back periodically and when I feel more direction I will make it known.

Thank you to all my faithful followers who kept up with me during Lent. It was really fun and spiritually enriching for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment