Welcome

This blog is simply one family's lenten journey seen through the eyes of the Mama.
To understand our family better, please see the side bar for family names and ages.
Hope this is an encouragement for you on your walk with the Lord.



Monday, April 26, 2010

April 26, 2010

Verse of the Day
"I came so that they might have life and have it more abundantly." John 10:10

Song of the Day
"I'll be your hands" by River
Go to this site. There will be a song playing on the bottom of the screen. Turn it off. Then click on "media" at the top of the screen. Then click on "music". Go to #12. You should get an almost 2 minute clip. Reminds me tremendously of my dad whom I will be discussing in my blog. It will probably touch you as well in your lives, worth the extra effort to hear it.
http://www.riverministries.net/

My Thoughts
My dad's 66th birthday is this week. He looks more like he is turning 80. My wonderful aunt is taking him to a healing conference soon. I ask for your prayers for him. I hope the fact that he is willing to go shows enough faith for the Lord to work to heal him in any of the three areas, physical, spiritual, or emotional. He is a train wreck in all three areas. He has been blind since a few days before I was married years ago. When my mom died, he was walking 11 miles a day. Now, 3 years later, he can barely make it to the neighbors house. He has suffered from severe anxiety and depression since my mom died. And I won't share his private spiritual issues, but he has them. He needs to know the love and forgiveness of our Lord in a powerful way. I pray that he will receive this at the healing conference.

Losing my mom at 62 was one thing, but then to switch roles so quickly with my dad too, was certainly something I didn't expect. But I go back to the verse of the day, knowing that God wants to not only give life to my dad but to give it abundantly. And the Lord hasn't abandoned me either, he has left me a beautiful Heavenly mother, the Blessed Virgin Mary, and a Heavenly Father to grasp onto since my mother isn't alive and my dad isn't mentally present.

On the flip side, I noticed a small, red tractor in our yard today that didn't belong to us. After questioning Race Car, I found out he took it from the neighbors yard. I am so thrilled with myself that I didn't blow a gasket. I calmly asked him what it is called if you take something that doesn't belong to you without permission or paying for it. Then we went into the ten commandments and how it was so important that people don't steal, that it made the top 10. Then we proceeded next door with the tractor in hand. Race Car did good. He was very serious and said "I am sorry. I took this tractor from your yard. I want to give it back to you." The wheel was broken. Thankfully, the boy from their house said it was already broken. Hopefully, I handled this one good and it will be the last experience with stealing. I don't think he wants to next door again and do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment