Welcome

This blog is simply one family's lenten journey seen through the eyes of the Mama.
To understand our family better, please see the side bar for family names and ages.
Hope this is an encouragement for you on your walk with the Lord.



Thursday, April 1, 2010

April 1, 2010

Verse of the Day
"I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12

Song of the Day
In the Light by DC Talk
http://www.rhapsody.com/player?type=undefined&id=alb.7149801&remote=undefined&page=undefined&pageregion=undefined&guid=undefined&from=undefined&__pcode=

Food
Curly pulled a fast one today. When I was getting his haircut another kid was screaming, so then Curly joined in the party and started screaming. Soooo, he got a yummy sugared sucker. Seemed to soothe him just fine, yet another exception.

"Stuff" Detachment
We have a nice pair of girls clogs that for some reason the girls don't like, so I will donate them, along with a rosary and a couple belts.

Spiritual Growth
I am not feeling much spiritual growth right now. I just went in the kitchen to find out that the water container thing in the refrigerator was leaking all over. Recall that I just cleaned out the entire fridge yesterday. It was all over the floor, under the refrigerator, in all the fridge drawers. I completely blew a gasket and there was Mr. Fix-it sound asleep through it all despite my requests for help. He never heard a word. In fact, water continues to be under the refrigerator because I can't move it. So, I once again see my sin before me, to completely lose my cool over something so minuscule.

On a more positive note, since it was Holy Thursday and we had some colds in the family, we decided to stay home from church. But tonight before bed, I read the reading from the Bible about when Jesus washed the disciples feet at the last supper. Now, all the children had already had a bath, so they didn't need their feet washed, but after the reading, I did rub lotion on their feet and then kissed each of their feet. Other than the giggles because they are so ticklish, they loved it and asked if we could do that again. I would rather have done the actual feet washing, but this worked okay for this year.

Book Discussion
Title: Searching for and Maintaining Peace
Author: Fr. Jacques Philippe
Section: The Faults and Shortcomings of Others

This was a fabulous section for me. "It often happens that we lose our peace not because suffering affects us or threatens to affect us personally, but rather because of the behavior of an individual person or group of persons who hurt us or preoccupy us. . . Or, more simply, in everyday life, one becomes irritated, because one close to him behaves in a way that he imagines he should not behave. How many nervous tensions are due to this type of situation!" Nervous tension is exactly what I would call my previous reactions to my neighbor kid.

"Because the thing that we want is good, even seen as desired by God, we feel justified in wanting it with that much more impatience and displeasure if it is not realized. The more a thing seems good to us, the more we are agitated and preoccupied to realize it! . . . That is to say that our wanting must always be caring, peaceful, patient, detached and abandoned to God. It should not be an impatient wanting, hurried, restless, irritated, etc. In the spiritual life it is often there that our attitude is defective."

"A desire that causes us to lose peace, even if the thing desired is excellent in itself, is not of God. It is necessary to want and desire, but in a free and detached way, in abandoning to God the realization of these desires, as He desires and when He wishes."

Next Section: Patience Towards Others

Prayer:
Dear Jesus,
Thank you for today and help us all to have a good and holy Triduum. Help us to continue to show your love in all that we do. Amen.

Today's Menu
Breakfast: Tortillas with cheese and ham, fruit cup (grapes, grapefruits, oranges)

Lunch: Pepperoni pizza, pears

Dinner: Hodge Podge of leftovers

No comments:

Post a Comment