Welcome

This blog is simply one family's lenten journey seen through the eyes of the Mama.
To understand our family better, please see the side bar for family names and ages.
Hope this is an encouragement for you on your walk with the Lord.



Friday, April 23, 2010

April 23, 2010

Verse of the Day
"Take courage, it is I; do not be afraid." Matthew 14:27

Song of the Day
"Be Not Afraid" by Michael John Talbot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBH-Eh9Bjjg&feature=PlayList&p=0FFD26345FE4A297&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=4

My Thoughts
Parenting isn't for the faint of heart. I struggle continuously with fear and letting go of control, entrusting my children to God daily. To me these are monumental tasks. Today, I even put on my Pope John Paul II bracelet on that says "Be Not Afraid". I get so anxious in regards to certain areas of my children's lives. Gratefully, I have friends that remind me that God does have a mission for each child. He loves them. He is preparing them, so they can successfully complete that mission. I view all situations that aren't perfect as horrible, instead of viewing them as a great opportunity to teach my children how to deal with adversity and quite frankly how to deal with other children that aren't nice. I am an adult and there are still people that simply aren't nice, but how does God want us to handle this?

I went back to my book on peace as I was feeling a definite lack of peace. Interestingly enough, the next section I was on was "Patience Toward Others". I am thinking "Okay Lord, I am listening." I always think that if others would behave better than I would be peaceful and without distress. Well, I will spend my lifetime waiting for that. "How many people lose their peace because they want, at any price, to change those around them!" (page 55) But again, what does the Lord ask us to do? He asks us to bear with patience the faults of others. So often I get upset, but what I need to do is pray for these people. "This patience is all the more important in that it brings about in us a purification that is absolutely indispensable." (page 56)

So, I feel great blogging again. Today while my compulsive head was spinning about one of my children, the 3:00pm alarm went off. Time for the Divine Mercy Chaplet. All the kids gathered round, except Curly who was sleeping. Again, I was reminded of our goal here on earth: To know, love, and serve our Lord in this life, so that we can be forever happy with him in the next. I revelled in that five minutes with Race Car on my lap and Joke-a-Lot and Artsy on either side. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment