Welcome

This blog is simply one family's lenten journey seen through the eyes of the Mama.
To understand our family better, please see the side bar for family names and ages.
Hope this is an encouragement for you on your walk with the Lord.



Tuesday, April 27, 2010

April 27, 2010

Verse of the Day
Simon said in reply, "Master, we have worked hard all night and have caught nothing, but at your command I will lower the nets." Luke 5:5

Song of the Day
"I Wish You Jesus" by Scott Wesley Brown
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xz5gaOJwec&feature=related

My Thoughts
The verse of the day made me think of my dad again. We (my dad's family and friends) have worked hard to help my dad and we have caught nothing, not even a glimmer of hope, but we are lowering the nets. He is going to the healing conference as we feel strongly that the Lord is calling him go. If the Lord desires it, my dad will leave and the nets will be full.

I also think of prayer life and wishing I could do better. I really struggled with patience with Artsy today. But why is it so difficult to turn to the Lord at those times to restore our peace. It needs to become a regular part of my prayer life.

One last thought from the book on peace that stuck with me today.
"If we wait until we are saints to have a regular life of prayer, we could wait a long time. On the contrary, it is in accepting to appear before the Lord in our state of sin that we will receive healing and will be transformed little by little, into saints." (page 65 Searching for and Maintaining Peace by Fr. Jacques)

No comments:

Post a Comment