Welcome

This blog is simply one family's lenten journey seen through the eyes of the Mama.
To understand our family better, please see the side bar for family names and ages.
Hope this is an encouragement for you on your walk with the Lord.



Monday, May 10, 2010

May 10, 2010

Verse of the Day
"But if I should be delayed, you should know how to behave in the household of God, which is the church of the living god, the pillar and foundation of truth."
1 Timothy 15

Song of the Day
"Heart of Worship" by Matt Redman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH-snsXw1as

My Thoughts
Are you having difficulty figuring out what God wants you to do in a certain situation? Fr. Jacques has some great thoughts. Of course, we need to take time if possible to consider all things and try peacefully to allow God to bring us a solution. "We need to pray for the light of the Holy Spirit and the grace to act in conformity with the will of God and, if necessary, to ask the advice of people who can enlighten us relative to this decision." (page 70, Searching for and Maintaining Peace). But then, when we just feel like we don't know what God's will is, what are we to do? He listed a beautiful prayer to pray in these situations. I thought I would share.

"Lord, I have thought about it and prayed to know Your will. I do not see it clearly, but I am not going to trouble myself any further. I am not going to spend hours racking my brain. I am deciding such and such a thing because, all things carefully considered, it seems to me the best thing to do. And I leave everything in Your hands. I know well that, even if I am mistaken, You will not be displeased with me, for I have acted with good intentions. And if I have made a mistake, I know that You are able to draw good from this error. It will be for me a source of humility and I will learn something from it!" Then we can remain at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment