Welcome

This blog is simply one family's lenten journey seen through the eyes of the Mama.
To understand our family better, please see the side bar for family names and ages.
Hope this is an encouragement for you on your walk with the Lord.



Saturday, May 8, 2010

May 8, 2010

Verse of the Day
"Perfectionism doesn't have much to do with sanctity."
Searching for and Maintaining Peace by Fr. Jacques Philippe

Song of the Day
"When God Ran" by Phillips, Craig, and Dean
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY2f95eDV3A&feature=related

My Thoughts
Legos. Legos. Legos. This is what my mind is thinking about today. They are fascinating little pieces of plastic. All four kids can be completely engrossed in manipulating and formulating them into just the item them they want to make, whether it be a car, truck, church, store, person, house, etc. But all of this bliss can turn on a dime. There just never seems to be enough wheels, windows, doors, or people to go around.

But isn't that the way we are as humans. We can be ticking along just fine until we get blown out of shape because we don't have enough of something. Like right now, I didn't have enough battery left, so I had to leave my comfortable couch to go sit in the cold mudroom. When making a recipe, there is always one ingredient that there isn't enough of. Money, well, we all know there never seems to be enough of that. I never seem to have enough time and I know I am not the only one. And my grand prize winner of "never having enough of it" is
. . . PATIENCE. Some of these things are quick annoyances, but others are chronic concerns.

What do we teach our children when there just aren't enough doors, wheels, windows and people to go around? Make it work! So, I leave you with that thought. Whatever you don't seem to have enough of today, make it work! God is there to help you. Just ask and trust. I know "Easier said than done".

No comments:

Post a Comment