Welcome

This blog is simply one family's lenten journey seen through the eyes of the Mama.
To understand our family better, please see the side bar for family names and ages.
Hope this is an encouragement for you on your walk with the Lord.



Wednesday, May 5, 2010

May 5, 2010

Verse of the Day
"No foul language should come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for needed edification, that it may impart grace to those who hear."
Ephesians 4:29

Song of the Day
"Flood" by Jars of Clay
http://s0.ilike.com/play#Jars+Of+Clay:Flood:59038:s2981835.8811065.14492875.0.2.130%2Cstd_635e71f357534e4e8a188cd3b6757f53

My Thoughts
My thoughts today are simple and precise. Words can be used to teach, reprimand, discipline, build up or tear down. Basically, they either help or hurt. Too often, I find myself hurting someone close to me through the use of thoughtless words. I love to talk which sometimes leads to rambling. I talk to my children about not talking just to talk, yet there I continue to talk. Well, I need to heed my own advice. I am really trying to take the super microscope and watch all that comes out of my mouth. I am married to someone completely opposite in nature. He hardly talks at all and loves silence. But when I complain to him that I have yet again stuck my foot in my mouth, he has said more than once "That is why I don't say much, then I don't stick my foot in my mouth." And yes, the two extremes can happily be married together. I just talk constantly, and he nods once in awhile. Just kidding. But there is a healthy middle ground I believe, one where we integrate with healthy conversation, but politely bow out of the conversations that lead down the "negative" road. God wants us to fill our minds with things that are holy, lovely, and pure. He knows what he is doing.

So, join me in really looking at what words leave our mouths in the next 24 hours. I think we might be surprised at what we hear!

1 comment: