Welcome

This blog is simply one family's lenten journey seen through the eyes of the Mama.
To understand our family better, please see the side bar for family names and ages.
Hope this is an encouragement for you on your walk with the Lord.



Monday, May 17, 2010

May 17, 2010

Verse of the Day
"In the world you will have trouble, but take courage, I have conquered the world."
John 16:33

Song of the Day
"Give me your Eyes" by Brandon Heath
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWIpQuGwSyQ

My Thoughts
I spend way too much time trying "to fit" into whatever situation I am in. And, I typically feel as if I don't "fit". Yet, such a kind soul, helped me to view the world in a completely different way. She said to open my eyes wide and take off the parameters that I have set for myself. She explained that there are so many good people out there with so much love to give, but we tend to continue looking within the same groups. Instead she said to be open to friendships from people in all different circles of life, of all different ages and backgrounds.

I also wonder if the Lord allows each of us to wander in a period of desert in order that we might come out of the dessert with different eyes, eyes open to seeing the broken-hearted (hence the song choice), eyes fixed on bringing God's love to others instead of worrying about our self and how we will fit into a situation. Instead, we seek to see how we could be of love and service to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment