Welcome

This blog is simply one family's lenten journey seen through the eyes of the Mama.
To understand our family better, please see the side bar for family names and ages.
Hope this is an encouragement for you on your walk with the Lord.



Tuesday, May 11, 2010

May 11, 2010

Verse of the Day
"Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest."
Matthew 11:28

Song of the Day
"Where I am Going" by Glen Campbell
http://new.music.yahoo.com/glen-campbell/tracks/where-i-am-going--54656899

My Thoughts
My thoughts are kind of running away in my head today, so that is why I need to have a gratitude pow-wow.

I am grateful that . . .
- I got to read a whole huge stack of books with Race Car and Curly.
- Joke-A-Lot and Artsy got to enjoy their sewing and art classes.
- we finished all our school.
- Mr. Fix-It found a nicer bus route home from work.
- I got to play Uno and Go Fish with the three older kids.
- I "caught" Joke-A-Lot doing a Novena to St. Therese all on her own initiative.
- since it was a rainy day, we turned on Oliver Twist and made some popcorn.
- despite the fact that the world can be hard and cruel, my children will always have a loving home to come home to where they will be loved and accepted exactly as they are.
- I made a decent dinner tonight.
- I don't remember yelling at all today.
- Curly was "dry" all day.
- Mr. Fix-it has a nice job with insurance.
- I got to sing Wheels on the Bus with Curly before he went to bed. He had the cutest smile.
- I can get old Matlock episodes from the library for free.
- we are all healthy.
- we have a nice home, bed, clothes, food, etc.
- I have such a wonderful husband.
- we are surrounded by wonderful family both near and far.
- I can stay home and homeschool our children.
- I have a loving God who cares about every detail of my family's lives.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessed you are indeed! And, in case I haven't told you lately, "I Love You!" Thanks for being such a great friend.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great list including some of life's simple but precious blessings!! We can all learn from this and have a better spirit of gratitude. Thanks for the post, I will revisit it often.

    ReplyDelete