Welcome

This blog is simply one family's lenten journey seen through the eyes of the Mama.
To understand our family better, please see the side bar for family names and ages.
Hope this is an encouragement for you on your walk with the Lord.



Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March 31, 2010

Verse of the Day
"On the eve of our life we will be judged by how much we loved." Saint John of the Cross

Song of the Day
Prayer by Petra
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSw0DdMmXWQ&feature=related
I would listen to this after you read the prayer below.

Food
I think the natives are restless. Artsy was running around the house today talking about how she can't wait to eat all the Easter treats. I better work on helping her focus on the real meaning of Easter. It isn't about being able to eat sugar. Maybe that was a detriment to giving up sugar.

"Stuff" Detachment
A refrigerator magnet, a crummy onesie that always fell off of Curly's shoulder, and a cracker holder thing a ma jig all departed from my home today.

Spiritual Growth
My growth today was in my trust in God. I was fretting last night as I went to sleep about how I don't want to have to deal with the neighbor kid and his friends again, also wondering if the boy across the street was going to knock on our door a hundred times, just wishing I could enjoy the day with the kids. It was the first day in a long time with nothing on the schedule. Well, guess what? The worrying was a complete waste of energy. It was a beautiful day. No problems with the neighbors. The boy across the street didn't come over even once, it was 73 degrees, and we went for a walk. I got to work on school with the kids, but also got outside with them for a bit. I even cleaned the refrigerator inside and out after they all went to bed. I couldn't have asked for a better day, except that I didn't get to Mass. Curly woke up with a snotty nose, so I thought it best to stay away.

Book Discussion
Title: Searching for and Maintaining Peace
Author: Fr. Jacques Philippe
Section: In All People Who Suffer There is Jesus

As Jesus says in Matthew 25:40 "Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me." Well, this is especially true of the suffering. Jesus is there. We need to try our best to relieve suffering, but to view it with hope. In 1Thessalonians 4:13, it says do not "grieve as other people do who have no hope." It is that underlying trust again, that the Lord has the big picture all figured out.

Tomorrow's section: The Faults and Shortcomings of Others

Prayer
Dear Jesus,
Thank you for the gift of such a beautiful day. I guess our crummy days help us all the more to enjoy our beautiful days. Today, I would like to pray for those reading this blog and especially for the neighbor boy and his friends. Show me how to love them and teach me how to pray for them. I pray that you will bring a great role model into their lives who can lead them to you Lord. I hear their ACDC music cranked and think of my own days in the past where I also cranked ACDC and even went to their concert (along with many others that I am not too proud of). You have restored me and renewed me. Please restore and renew them in your perfect time. Amen.

WOW! Again I sit here with tears. God keeps doing this to me. I started this blog late. I had the song above in my song list and decided to use it for no real reason. I didn't listen to it today as I had already done so in the past. I proceeded through this blog all the way until I was writing the food down and decided to listen to the song as I wrote the food. I was stopped dead in my tracks. It is almost as if a small miracle has occurred. As I was writing the prayer above, I was brought back to days of old, thinking of all of the terrible concerts I went to. I don't even care to mention the bands. Although, I was never disrespectful like the kids next door, I could have easily been taken down the wrong road. And to my friend, KK, I am ever so grateful as her teaching of the Bible to me in college is what lead me back to the Lord. At that point, I was taking steps away from God every day.

Now as I just listened to this song, it seemed to fit with everything I was feeling, the gratitude to the Lord for what he has done in my life, the need to stay focused on the work we have to do here on earth, etc. I fear those of you reading this may fail to see the connection, but there is a clear connection for me in regards to the kids next door, especially the first couple sentences and then the second verse after the chorus (starts "Let me be the evidence . . .). Then the third verse relates to the Verse of the Day, which I hadn't planned either. This even coincides with the verses in the Book Discussion. For the first time EVER, I actually feel a bit of love for those kids. Isn't that crazy? I am thinking maybe God wants us here next door because he knows we will get down on our knees and pray for them. Who knows? I may be complaining about them again tomorrow, but for today I am going to pray. And I thought this would be a short blog tonight. You just never know what God has planned. I love that when he surprises me.


Today's Menu
Breakfast: Special K Protein Plus cereal with whole milk, fruit cup (grapes, grapefruits and oranges)

Lunch: Toasted cheese (Nature's Pride 100% whole wheat double fiber with marble jack cheese and butter), Amy's Organic Tomato Bisque Soup with rotini noodles

Dinner: Ham steak, mashed potatoes (made with potatoes, milk, butter), canned pineapple in own juice, canned green beans, corn

No comments:

Post a Comment