Welcome

This blog is simply one family's lenten journey seen through the eyes of the Mama.
To understand our family better, please see the side bar for family names and ages.
Hope this is an encouragement for you on your walk with the Lord.



Wednesday, February 24, 2010

February 24, 2010

"For thus says the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel: By waiting and by calm you shall be saved; in quiet and in trust your strength lies, but you would have none of it." Isaiah 30:15

Food
I continue to try new things. Today was a tortilla with scrambled eggs and cheese. I was really hoping Curly wouldn't see the eggs, because he refuses to eat them. Of course, there he sat trying to pick the eggs out saying "Icky". Oh well, I tried. Also, went to Target to pick up Race Car's cake for his party tomorrow. The bakery ladies saw us coming and had 4 chocolate chip cookies waiting for us (they give free cookies to kids). I explained we were just there for the cake. Probably wouldn't have made sense to explain we were off of sugar for Lent as we were picking up a cake. Not a word from the kids about the cookies, not even Curly. Are they adjusting to this so easily? I have to think Curly never saw the cookie because I am quite sure he would have give the Battle Cry all of the way out of Target if that cookie would have been in his line of vision.

"Stuff" Detachment
I made good progress today. Put the Little People Noah's Ark and one of the many sets of race cars in the donate bag. Also grabbed one of Mr. Fix-It's computer books. I have to believe a computer book with the year 2003 on it is probably pretty useless, but I did okay it with him before getting rid of it.

Spiritual Growth
I went with the kids to Mass today. Artsy went up to the side alter to see if the red construction heart she left for Jesus with the words "I Luv you Jesus. Yes!" was still there. She was thrilled to see that it was gone because she really wanted "Jesus to come and take it".

It seems that I always get a blessing after I leave Mass. Today, as soon as I got in the car, I heard another of my favorite songs, "I was Made to Love you" http://www.youtube.com/watchv=IXhwFCWuMTo&feature=related
Add adoration tonight while the girls were at religion along with confession for both Joke-A-Lot and I, and I would say that is a pretty good day.

I wanted to get back to the book "Searching for and Maintaining Peace" by Fr. Jacques Philippe. "Often, we cause ourselves to become agitated and disturbed by trying to resolve everything by ourselves, when it would be more efficacious to remain peacefully before the gaze of God and to allow him to act and work in us with His wisdom and power, which are infinitely superior to ours." (page 6) This is what I need to do much more often. It seems easy to read the daily readings, meditations, rosary, Divine Mercy Chaplet, etc., but it is so hard to slow myself down and just be with God, just listening and pondering His amazing mysteries. And I have to give up on the idea that this will ever happen while I have 4 children loaded with energy fluttering around. This needs to be specified quiet time. It is essential that we do this. "Acquire interior peace and a multitude will find its salvation through you," said St. Seraphim of Sarov.

"Acquiring and maintaining interior peace, which is impossible without prayer, should consequently be considered a priority for everybody, above all for those who claim to want to do good for their neighbor. Otherwise, more often than not they would simply be communicating their own restlessness and distress." I know people like this, no matter what is going on, peace exudes from them. I want to strive for this as well. I get frazzled and yelling pretty quick, from 0 to 100 in 15 seconds.

While spending time with our Lord in adoration, I was reading from the Diary of St. Faustina. A particular quote from her (below) is exactly how I am feeling today as I still wonder what the heck I am doing with this blog, but I can tell you this. I am abundantly more aware of God's blessings. My intention and desire is to do nothing more than the will of God. I am trying desperately to get my fear out of the way and allow God's courage to come through. I will end with this.
"Do what You will with me, O Jesus; I will adore You in everything. May Your will be done in me, O my Lord and my God, and I will praise Your infinite mercy." (page 40)

Today's Menu
Breakfast: Tortilla with scrambled egg and melted cheese, blueberries

Lunch: Toasted Cheese made with Nature's Pride, 100% whole wheat double fiber bread and marble jack cheese, vege tray

Snack: Mixed nuts, no oils or salt, just plain nuts (cashews, walnuts, pecans, and almonds), fruit cup (grapefruit, oranges, and grapes)

Dinner: Cheap steak sandwich, Extra Crispy Crinkles (Ore-Ida)

No comments:

Post a Comment