Welcome

This blog is simply one family's lenten journey seen through the eyes of the Mama.
To understand our family better, please see the side bar for family names and ages.
Hope this is an encouragement for you on your walk with the Lord.



Thursday, March 18, 2010

March 18, 2010

Verse of the Day
"The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I lack.
In green pastures you let me graze;to safe waters you lead me; you restore my strength.
You guide me along the right path for the sake of your name.
Even when I walk through a dark valley, I fear no harm for you are at my side; your rod and staff give me courage.
You set a table before me as my enemies watch; You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Only goodness and love will pursue me all the days of my life; I will dwell in the house of the Lord for years to come." Psalm 23 1-6

Song of the Day
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plx5HLi7HHs
"He gives the strength to rise above through the power of His love", thought this was an encouragment. You will see why I was discouraged today in Spiritual Growth.

Food
I tried a banana cake with buttercream frosting sweetened with stevia powder. Mr. Fix-it took one bit and threw it in the garbage. Artsy and Race Car liked the cake, but no one liked the frosting. So, I asked Mr. Fix-it if it would have been better with fresh unsweetened whip cream instead. His exact words were "No, the cake was disgusting" and then he added "I meant that in a nice way". I may try again in the future. But for tonight after the excitement of trying the cake was over, fresh fruit was again the best dessert. But even after all that, Race Car asked "Can I have some sort of dessert or something?" I just looked at him and then he laughed and said "Oh yah, I forgot."

"Stuff" Detachment
The things I see when I am really looking. I found two Diaper Genie refills sitting in plain sight. I don't have a diaper genie. I used to, but it is long gone. I also got rid of something Joke-A-Lot was willing to get rid of. It is much easier for her to let go of things than Artsy or Race Car. I hope I can lead by example, that things are only things.

Spiritual Growth
My spirit is discouraged today as it seemed satan took full advantage of the fact that I really wanted to fulfill my challenge from yesterday which was: Let's see if we can make it one full day with only kind, patient, loving words. I wanted to come back with good news, but it seemed I had less patience and love rather than more. But, I won't give up. How can I? I have four beautiful souls in my hands, so I am going to keep my blog short today and get a good nights rest, so that I am fully ready to again try to be more patient and loving.

On a positive note, I have really enjoyed watching the relationship between my boys foster. Every morning, Race Car asks if he can outside with Curly. They go out and sit back in all the pea gravel surrounding the play set and play with their trucks forever. Very sweet.

Book Discussion
I will continue tomorrow. The next section had some really good things to share, so stay tuned.

Prayer
Dear Lord,
I continue to hand this blog over to you that I may do your will through it. I pray that those that experienced a day full of love and patience will be blessed with another one tomorrow. And for those of us who struggled in this area, I pray that you fill us with your courage and peace, that we will wake up fully rested and filled to the brim with God's love. Amen.

Today's Menu
Breakfast: Yogurt smoothie made with Stoneyfield Farms plain whole milk yogurt, frozen blueberries, banana, flaxseed oil, Special K Protein Plus cereal with whole milk

Lunch: Leftover hamburgers with whole wheat buns and one had Van's blueberry waffle with peanut butter and sliced banana, still hungry, bagel with peanut butter, oranges, apples with peanut butter (we all like peanut butter, natural of course)

Snack: Mixed nuts, no oil, no salt, just plain

Dinner: Chuck roast, carrots, potatoes, corn, stevia sweetened banana cake (see Food for the family response), fresh fruit (blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, grapes, pomegranete seeds, and bananas)

No comments:

Post a Comment