Welcome

This blog is simply one family's lenten journey seen through the eyes of the Mama.
To understand our family better, please see the side bar for family names and ages.
Hope this is an encouragement for you on your walk with the Lord.



Sunday, March 21, 2010

March 21, 2010

Verse of the Day
"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things." Philippians 4:8

Song of the Day
Thou Lovely Source of True Delight by Jars of Clay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T7CxwWXiow
This song proved interesting. I never heard it until just now. Didn't care for it at first, but it grew on me. Then I realized that after writing the quote above, this song was perfect as there are beautiful flowers to gaze upon. I am thinking it is meant to touch someones soul out there.

Food
Artsy was excited when she remembered there was still some of the Stevia sweetened Banana cake left. A couple bites in, she said "Mama, it really isn't so good. It tastes like flour." So, we will just toss that recipe in the garbage.

"Stuff" Detachment
I didn't want to, but I stopped blogging to go through the craft bin. I threw a boat load of stuff out and reorganized it. These small steps work for me.

Spiritual Growth
I took the time to sit with the children and play Rummikub. That was spiritual growth for me. It is good for my soul to take the time to play with the kids, to listen and laugh with the kids, and to really look at them and watch them. It's beautiful. I need to do it more often. That leads me to a challenge. Let's make a commitment to take the time to play a game with our children on Monday. You must laugh and smile. It is a requirement! Anyone want to join me? Enjoying these lives that have been entrusted to us by God feeds our souls.

Book Discussion
I am going to defer for another day.

Prayer
Dear Lord,
You know our struggles whether it is with our spouse, children, job, finances, parents, or health. Please come to all of us in these troubling times that all of us can face. Show your power in these situations as we try to do our best to trust and let you take control. We love you and want to serve you in this life and be happy with you in the next. Amen.

Today's Menu
Breakfast: Peanut butter toast, blueberries (Artsy made it.)

Lunch: Scrambled eggs, bacon, pears, strawberries, and baked apples with cinnamon

Dinner: Chuck roast, potatoes, carrots, onions, corn, strawberries, pears

No comments:

Post a Comment