Welcome

This blog is simply one family's lenten journey seen through the eyes of the Mama.
To understand our family better, please see the side bar for family names and ages.
Hope this is an encouragement for you on your walk with the Lord.



Saturday, March 20, 2010

March 20, 2010

Verse of the Day
"Do not conform yourself to this age but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and pleasing and perfect." Romans 12:2

Song of the Day
We Belong to God by ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owP7FwQyekE&feature=related
I had a hard time finding this song, so it isn't the best recording, but the words are on the screen, so focus on the words. I have loved this song for a long time. It coincides with the verse of the day, too.

Food
Joke-A-Lot had a birthday party where she very much enjoyed a mint dilly bar.

"Stuff" Detachment
Mr. Fix-It threw away enough for the both of us. The problem with him throwing things away is that he throws away whatever is currently in his way without regard to whether it is actually something we should keep it or not. Makes me insane. I guess I am not making much of a dent with my three things a day. But I will continue to plow forward anyway.

Spiritual Growth
If you read yesterdays blog, you probably remember how the Song of the Day came about, a blunt blow, hadn't though of the song in years. I continue to see God's hand on this blog. I received an email today from a friend who was having trouble calming some spiritual fear in her child. Clearly, the song of the day was for them. It was absolutely perfect, yet I didn't know at the time. The words were such a comfort to both her and her child. Thank you Jesus. What an honor to have you working through this blog! The words from yesterday's song that seemed especially striking were "Mercy said no, I'm not going to let you go. I am not going to let you slip away. You don't have to be afraid." She was able to play this song for her child, to reassure the child that God's love and mercy are far greater than the power of the evil one.

I once heard it explained this way. Picture the ocean like God's mercy. Now, picture all of our sin along with that of everyone in this world past, present, and future. God's mercy is so over-flowing that just a single drop of that ocean would cover all of that sin. Amazing. Gives us a glimmer into the unfathomable, doesn't it?

Book Discussion
I am going to pass on this tonight, just feeling extra tired. Tomorrow's section title is "Attitude When Confronted With the Suffering of Those Close to Us". Should be a good one.

Prayer
Dear Lord,
How amazing are you works! That you would place that song in my head, so that my friend and child might be comforted through it. Thank you for leading me to the book about peace Lord. It has been such a strength to me and even just this week when I placed my trust in you in a certain area, you provided me with exactly what I needed. Thank you, Jesus. Please bless those reading this blog with an increased measure of faith and again as requested yesterday, please shower your mercy upon us all. Amen.

Today's Menu
Breakfast: Oatmeal made with whole milk, mashed bananas, and cinnamon

Lunch: Lipton noodle soup, peanut butter sandwiches

Dinner: Pizza Hut pizza (kids earn free personal pizza's through the Book-It program as a reward for reading a certain amount), fruit cup (grapes, grapefruit, and oranges)

Snack: Popcorn made on the stove with corn oil and salted

No comments:

Post a Comment